This advanced hands-on workshop covers data security, privacy, and compliance protection for Azure Data Platform resources, with a primary focus on SQL Server and Azure SQL Database. With demonstrations and several exercises, this workshop uses group labs to cover database and data protection techniques, including threat analysis and remediation. We'll look at the new features, why you should consider them, where they work, and where they don't.
Topics will include:
- Data Categorization and Classification
- Encryption; Transparent Data Encryption, Always Encrypted
- Data Masking
- Row-level Security
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Advanced Threats
- Ledger Databases and Tables
- Microsoft Defender
- Microsoft Purview
- ...and more
You will learn:
- How to discovery, assess, and classify sensitive data
- How to deploy features in the right location to best protect data
- How to leverage security services to protect data
You must provide your own laptop computer (Windows or Mac) for this hands-on lab.
Please download and read the following link for all instructions. Please ensure all pre-requisites are installed PRIOR to arriving in Orlando.